Sunday, November 25, 2007

Baseline Scan and Bloodwork

Today was four vials of blood drawn and a vaginal ultrasound to determine how thick my endometrial lining is, as well as capture measurements of my uterus and ovaries. The doctor who did my US wasn't Dr. O so I was a little uncomfortable. I haven't let a male doctor anywhere near my girl bits for over a decade, but I quickly got over that when I got to see my uterus on the monitor.

Although there's no fetus in there, it made the experience so much more real to see a couple of follicles in my ovaries as well as the lining in my uterus. M seemed to get excited as well as when I glanced over to him he had a big grin on his face and was staring at the screen. It made me happy to think this experience would be very similar to the experience we will go through when we do egg retrieval and transfer and baby check ups.

Next Steps:

  • Call tomorrow and schedule the HSG and SHG procedures. These have to be done before I ovulate which won't happen for another couple of weeks.
  • Have both procedures done and schedule an appointment with Dr. O to discuss the results.
  • Schedule the trial transfer.
  • Relax, Relax, Relax


In other news, I LOVED the acupuncture!! She was super rad, super open minded and I really trusted her. I've noticed the past two nights I've slept REALLY well, and I totally attribute it to the acupuncture. She started me on a Cinnamon D herbal supplement and I have at least one appointment a week until I start the hormones.