Sunday, January 6, 2008

CD10 - I broke up with my acupuncturist and other BCP side effects

I broke up with my fertility acupunturist. For the simple reason it was causing more stress than it was relieving. The location of the place I would normally go is a bit of a drive for me, whether from work or home and every appointment resulted in an hour and a half drive back to my house in back to back traffic.

Plus, she forgot to put on the music in my last appointment, and that was one too many irks over the past several weeks, so I wrote them a dear john letter and hope to part ways gracefully.

I'm definitely feeling the impacts of the birth control pills now. My breasts have already grown almost a full cup size, and they are sore, and my mental state seems wavering and a tad out of control, similar to what PMS feels like. I've found myself crying at least a handful of times now, out of the blue, no fair warning, just good ole fashion weeping, but it only lasts about 15 seconds and life seems to continue without incident.

M got to experience two of my crying sessions already and he handled them very well. In seven days, I stop taking the BCP and that will be just fine with me. I'm already currently taking Levothyroxine once in the morning, and Thorne Prenatals three times a day. I also take a low dose aspirin at night with the birth control pills and will continue to do so for a while. I already feel like a walking pharmacy, and I start the Lupron injections tomorrow! I'm thinking of recording it and putting it on You Tube for you all to see. Ha ha, I'm sick!

This week we have our consultation with Dr. O about eSET so we'll see what his feedback is.

In other news I feel incredibly supported all the way around from my husband, to friends, to family, to work people, to my 'online friends' to my IVF community, to the clinic and their staff....it feels like everyone is rooting for us, and that makes me wanna keep going.

More tomorrow after the first Lupron injection.