Monday, February 4, 2008

CD 19 - ET Over!

Wow.

We're here. It's over.

Our little baby blast made it's way to momma's home at 1:38pm today. It was a perfect blast, Grade AA, and they were able to freeze another one. They said there is one more growing that might also make it to freezing which would be awesome, totally awesome.

I did the acupuncture treatment prior to the transfer and that was relaxing. I kept having to pee throughout the entire experience which again, was excruciating but I dealt with it ok.

After the acunpuncture, M came into the room with me and dressed in dark blue scrubs. He looked so handsome and doctor like! I put on my own booties and headcovering and Dr. O came peeked his head into the room and said "It's good, it all looks good!" He said he'd be right back but because we hadn't heard about our embryos since Day 3, he wanted to let us know as soon as possible.

A couple minutes later Dr. O and Dr. W came in and showed us the most beautiful picture of our double A blastocyst. I started crying, it was beautiful. In it's cell gooey goodness, it was there - a piece of M, a piece of me, our child was there in front of me - "Your first baby picture!" said the docs.

He explained that we definitely made the right decision to go to a day 5 and congratulated us on the decision. "You made a really good call, folks. Great job."

Ahhhh, how rewarding. All the obsessive research pays off. After signing papers that said we did indeed want to transfer the little one over, they took me to the operating room.

M video taped the whole thing! I don't know if they realized he was recording it all, but he did, and I will post it when we get it up and running. Again, I was in incredible pain with my overly full bladder. It was all I could to refrain from peeing all over myself so instead I tried to focus on one screw in the ceiling.

The embryologist came out and said she was going to turn on the camera so we could see our little embie on the big screen. There he/she was! In all it's glory, there was our little baby sitting there looking at us with a big smile. (Ok, so it wasn't really smiling but I can think so!)

In goes the catheter, and in went our little embryo. The embryologist takes the catheter back to the lab to make sure that it did indeed transfer and wasn't still in the tube, and it was definitely gone from the petri dish.

And then that was it! The nurse brought me a bed pan and I peed for what seemed like 10 minutes. They wheeled me into the recovery room where I had another acupuncture appointment (and again they had to bring me a bedpan in the middle of all this, I'm telling you I was peeing constantly.)

After the acupuncture appointment, they all said goodbye and sent us on our way! We ate a small lunch and now I'm propped up in bed.

I really, really hope this works. It was a very long journey getting here, but ultimately it's brought my husband and I even closer than we already were. I don't know what I would do without him.

And at last, a picture of our little guy or girl. Isn't he cuttttte?