Monday, February 4, 2008

CD 19 - Here we go! Transfer Day

30 minutes until we leave. Oh my god!

I'm so excited. What a plethora of emotions today.

I went and bought new comfy pants, comfy shirt, comfy socks and a comfy pull over sweater just so I could be SUPER comfy today.

The only Suck I have to look forward to is what I've been doing since 7am this morning and that's drinking tons of water. Because you have to have a full FULL FULL bladder for transfer, you have to continue to drink water.

Well last time I did this (for my mock transfer) I thought I was going to die. I was in an extreme amount of pain and discomfort, could barely focus on anything, and wanted NOTHING more than to pee.

Not all fertility clinics have this requriement, but having a full bladder during transfer makes it easier for the docs to see where the uterus is, and where to drop our little guy into place.

I can safely say driving home by myself having to pee more than I've ever had to pee, was one of the worst experiences of my life. I was sick, sweating, cramping, I couldn't even pull over to go a fast food restaurant, I drove like 70-80 to get home and then left the car door open and ran to the house as fast I could.

I can also safely say that is the first time that peeing in my pants in the car was not a bad idea. I keep drinking water, then taking short little tinkle breaks of about five seconds. Enough not to have the horrible pressure, but still know it's filling up.

Alright, time to dress in my new comfy clothes.

We're leaving two people, and coming back three! Ok, two and .005. :D