Tuesday, January 22, 2008

CD 7 - Day 4 of Stims

Quick update - it appears the stimulation drugs are working, yay!

Estrogen Level on Suppresion Check: 32
Estrogen Level on Day 3 of stims: 80

This is good news (celebrate small wins, right?) as all they were looking for was an increase in estrogen level. My next "stim check" is tomorrow at 7:45 am. We'll also be looking for an additonal increase in Estrogen in that appointment.

According to this awesome site, "Most doctors will consider any increase in Estrogen a positive sign, but others use a formula of either 100 pg/ml after 4 days of stims, or a doubling in E2 from the level taken on cycle day 3."

So, what the hell does that mean you ask?

It means that tomorrow's appointment - we hope to increase that 80 to at least 100 but even 120 + would be great.

By the time I take my HCG trigger shot (scheduled now for the 28th) my estrogen levels should be soaring. For every mature follicle, it will emit an estrogen level of 200-600 per follicle. They hope to have at least 10-15 follicles, so you do the math.

Ok, I'll do it for you. My estrogen level at time of trigger I suspect should be in the 2,000 - 3,000 range if not more. They say that anything over 5,000 worries them for OHSS so all eyes are on my estrogen levels right now.

Tomorrow is an ultrasound, so they'll be able to tell me how many follicles they see sprouting up. One of those little follicles could be one half of my son or daughter, fun to think about eh??

As far as the stims are concerned, I certainly feel ovarian activity (similar to when a woman ovulates) but no swelling yet. I don't feel big or uncomfortable yet, but I still have about 8 days to go. :D

Next Steps
Bloodwork and Ultrasound tomorrow
Keep taking stimulation drugs!
Mentally prepare for the Egg Retrieval currently scheduled for 1-30 (subject to change)