Sunday, January 20, 2008

CD 5 - Day 2 of Stims

Day one of the stimulation drugs went ok. The Gonal F Pen wasn't that bad, the needle a bit bigger, and sharper, maybe a little firmer, and the Menopur wasn't bad either. Three shots a day feels a little heavy though. My stomach is bruised in multiple places. Tomorrow will be day 3 on stims and I have a blood work appointment at 7am in the morning. We will see what my estrogen level is at. I think they want me back Thursday morning as well for more blood work and an ultrasound.

Besides one crying fit today, no real side affects from 2 days of stims except for a couple of twinges in my ovarian area. Small twinges, nothing painful.

I've booked some time off of work, so I'll be able to stay home if I need to starting the week of the 28th - I figure I'll go in the days I have clinic appointments and stay home on the days I don't. It's soooooo important that I'm not stressed out these next couple of weeks.

I will say I secretly look forward to doing my own shots now. The anticipation is much less and I'm proud of myself the way I gently slide in the needle without flinching. M prepares the injection, I shoot it now. It makes for a good partnership.

I'm going to have to pack away my Menopur shot on Tuesday and give it to myself in the school bathroom. (yuck!)

I'm on watch now, the clinic is very interested in how I'm progressing so this next week is all about monitoring the growth of my follicles.

Movies of both stimulation shots to come soon!