Friday, January 18, 2008

CD3 - Suppression Check

Today M and I went to our suppression check appointment and it went well. They first tested my Estrogen levels, wanting it under 60 - it was 32.

He counted follicles on each ovary, 8 to 9 on one, 10-11 on the other. They called me in the afternoon and "cleared" me to begin my stimulation hormones tomorrow. Oh noes! Here comes the puffy ovaries!

My egg retrieval could be as soon as 11 days away. Yikes!!

So I begin 150/Gonal F dose, and 5/Lupron both in the morning - and then 150/Menopur at night. I have a blood work appointment on Monday and they will check to see what the hormones have done to my estrogen level. Then I come back in on Thursday and do more blood work and an ultrasound to measure my follicle growth. And so on and so on until they determine them to be of the perfect size.

Then, I'll take my "trigger shot", which is an injection of the HCG hormone 36 hours before they take out my eggs (so like 9 days?)

They started M on a prescription for Cipro (daaaaang!) I guess because his sperm will be used soon and they want to make sure it's pristine.

Remember how I broke up with my acupuncturist? Well, I took her back, but only for the day of the transfer. She will come in and do a treatment before the transfer, and then after. The purpose is to be as relaxed as possible. Suuuuuper relaxed. Zen. So, I'll try that. At this point, I'll try anything.

I must admit, this whole thing is so scary.

Next Steps
Start daily Gonal F and Menopur injections tomorrow
Reduce Lupron injections to 5 units tomorrow
Monday bloodwork
Thursday US and bloodwork